the loneliness project, take #1

She looks scared today.
Should I say hello? Should I say "hey!"?
Maybe later. Maybe someday.

In the evening, I wait by the garden,
So she plays that nice greenish wooden pipe,
Then I look to the heavens, and wait
For the sun to shine over us, over her shoes, over my stained boots.

Do you feel that smell?
Do you see her swell children throats?
That sleepin' itch, that weepin' witch?
Do you feel the fire? Do you?

Am I the only one seeing this?
Tell me, Lord, should I say hello anytime?
Why don't You say anything, you're so quiet all the time
why can't you just help me sometimes?

As she lays, should I say, "hey, do you feel that as well?"
Then, proceed to a intimous space,
and ask her name, just to watch the look on her face?
Just to see the butterflies in her garden bowers and
Her dogs and her future, full of disgrace?

Should I call her "my darlin'", and give the greatest gift?
And the small ones, and the small things
and the infamous love, tell her where I've been?
Such a downer for the unknown lovers to be...

Should I love'er, then? Should I say such nonsense?
Should I marry her? Should I get that ridiculous?
Should we name our kid after her grandfather?
Should I get mad at her friends? Should I envy her?

But, by then, she's taken her pipe after she lived a while
Rode her bike through sunshine, and left me there, alone again.
Well... Who knows what happens next?
So... Maybe later. Maybe someday.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas